There are certain expectations a customer has when hiring a lawn company.
Hiring a lawn and snow service is a luxury, if customers are paying a pretty penny to have their property professionally maintained they’ll likely want some customer service, too.
As a provider, it’s best practice to make sure you create a checklist outside of the services they ordered. This ensures that they are not only pleased with the quality, but the experience as a whole. Keep in mind that a lot of business comes from referrals and every new customer is an opportunity for a mutually beneficial experience.
Communication should always be a top priority, whether it’s a delay ...
What Makes a Brand
Four Ways To Get Lawn Care Customers
Invest in Advertising
It’s important to design your marketing material. Whether it’s postcards, business cards, door hangers, or flyers— just make sure the information is easy to read and understand. On whatever you hand out, be sure to include your business name, contact information, services offered, and pricing. If people are second-guessing your advertising they might also second guess your services, so make sure to be clear and concise, without bombarding them with too much info!
With advertising, if you’re targeting a desirable area, you can bet others are, too! So, how do you differentiate your marketing material from everyone else’s? It’s worth putting a little extra time and effort into your marketing designs, and even a little extra money on the type of paper you’re using for your postcards or door hangers. It might seem scary to spend the money, but think of marketing materials as an investment into growing your business.
Focus on Your Customers’ Needs
One of the best ways to get lawn care customers is to hone your business practices, differentiate your business, and continue to strengthen your existing customer base. With lawn care, it can be easy to fall into a routine for the same lawns, but it’s good to take time every so often to re-evaluate what your customers expect to get out of your services. A customer who feels that they are being listened to is a customer for life!
Other Ways To Get Lawn Care Customers
Targeting new markets can be daunting, especially when you’re unsure of what your market is. However, there are other ways to gain customers without thinking of a specific target market. These include:
- Wear a uniform: Get some shirts made up that have your business name and phone number listed, and wear them when you’re out and about on the job.
- Advertise to neighbors of your existing customers: there’s no need to go door-to-door or be an aggressive salesman to your clientele’s neighbors, but saying hello and casually offering your services to neighbors when you see them is a great way to gain more customers in areas you’re already working.
- Work on weekends: Weekend work is a great way to advertise because everyone in the neighborhood can actively see you working! If you’re making your client’s lawn the best in the neighborhood on their schedule, chances are, some of their neighbors will also want your services.
By far the best way to get new lawn care customers is by signing up to be a LawnGuru provider. LawnGuru is free to join and offers plenty of tools that will help your lawn care business flourish. With LawnGuru, you will always be made available to potential customers. Instead of putting all your time, effort, and money into advertising ideas, or trying to get others to spread the word about your business, LawnGuru lets new customers know that you are ready to go!
In addition to fast payments and daily job requests, LawnGuru’s app allows you to add your existing customers while controlling the locations of new job requests. Now, your customers can also benefit from all the features LawnGuru has to offer. You can book additional jobs that fit into your existing schedule and routes, which means more jobs in the neighborhoods that you’re already working in! Don’t hesitate,
=&0=& your snow plowing business is completely different from marketing a lawn mowing business.
Snow Plowing Business vs. Lawn Mowing Business:
- Snow season is shorter than mow season.
- Snow doesn’t exactly fall at the same rate that grass grows.
- Snow services often take place at odd hours to ensure that customers’ driveways are clear by morning.
- Snow service is urgent and time sensitive, so the service window is much shorter.
Tips On Successfully Marketing A Snow Plowing
We’ve talked about ways to advertise yourself to attract business, but that’s to let people know you exist. After you let people know you’re available, the answer to how to make money mowing lawns is to maintain the clients you’ve earned! So what is truly the best way to keep your customers coming back? By far the best way is to become a provider on LawnGuru where we handle customer follow-ups and payment methods! Keep reading for more advice on how to make money mowing lawns.
How To Make Money Mowing Lawns